RX-79 Powered Blue Destiny
Finally it's done! it took me for at least two days to finished even it's a HGUC 1/144 model Kits. Damn, that was long. Anyway, it's done and photo (Album link!) including my own made up story are now up!
After the following One Year War, Yu Kajima was assigned to Kangaroo Project Teams to assist and continue the development project of the new rewrite EXAM combat system. The lead project leader was Alph Kamra, who first supervision and previously selected Yu Kajima piloting GM Blue Destiny Unit 1 back in UC 0079.
Although the new EXAM combats system do not cause any dangerous impact on the pilots. Due to its EXAM complexity programs and required long term research, including correct the unstable occurring to the mobile suit during test beds. The military in the end decided to put to an end of this project, as they decided to use the new develop a series of improved mobile suit technology from a contracted private company known as Anaheim Electronics.
The RX-79 Powered BD use the same existing RGM-79C Powered GM and RX-79G parts for developing the EXAM combats system technologies. Although the RGM-79C Powered GM was originally a heavily-modified RGM-79C Modified GM, built to test parts and systems for the Gundam Development Project. The Kangaroo Project Team was able to mount a heavy the powerful backpack and together with modified RX-79G parts. They were able to roll out a new prototype version of Blue Destiny and send to the military test beds.
The improvements comparing to the original RGM-79C Powered GM were only on weight reduction and without any need of shock absorbers to be installed in the legs for balance stability. The new EXAM Combats System also helps to increase the mobile suit twice the performance and power once activate by the pilot. But during in the middle of the test beds, the rocket thrusters blown up due to EXAM program over loaded the fusion reactor output power which causes the military concern over its future pilots safety.
- Pilot: Yu Kajima
- Model number: RX-79P-BD
- Code name: Powered Blue Destiny
- Unit type: Prototype EXAM Mobile Suit
- Manufacturer: Earth Federation Forces
- Operator: Kangaroo Project Teams
- Rollout: 29 April UC 0082
- First Test deployment: 14 September UC 0082
- Accommodation: Pilot only, in standard cockpit in torso
- Dimensions: overall height 18.5 meters; head height 18.0 meters
- Weight: empty 37.8 metric tons; max gross 57.0 metric tons
- Armor materials: Titanium/ceramic composite
- Power plant: Minovsky type ultra compact fusion reactor, output rated at 1650 kW
- Propulsion: Rocket thrusters: 2 x 32000 kg
- Performance: maximum thruster acceleration 1.0 G; 180-degree turn time 1.6 seconds
- Equipment and design features: Sensors, Range Unknown; New EXAM Combats System
- Fixed armaments: beam saber x 3
- Fixed armaments: 2 x 60mm Head Vulcan gun, fire-linked, mounted in head; beam saber (2 hidden), power rated at 0.38 MW, stored in recharge rack in backpack, hand-carried in use.
- Optional fixed armaments: shield, mounted on either forearm
- Optional hand armaments: beam rifle x 1, and 2x spare clips (Machine Gun) stored on hip armor, 90mm machine gun, clip-fed, 20 rounds per clip, 2 spare clips stored in shield; 360mm hyper bazooka, clip-fed, 7 rounds per clip plus 1 round in chamber.